Sunday, November 17, 2013

Visiting a home brewery: inside the house

 ... holding the blessed yeast while pointing to temperature control ...
I have been downstairs to see where the beer is fermenting a number of times.

The poster on the wall was purchased when we were in Germany – perhaps our stop was the Beer Castle.

Two posters are on the wall in the beer room.

... reviewing the journey of the wheat into beer ...
One is a colourful step-by-step cartooned instruction of how to make beer.

The story begins with the farmer in the field cutting down the grain with a scythe and then the journey begins ... from grain to drink.

The other white poster adds to the information on the coloured one by giving instructions, the same recipe -- instructions in multiple languages.

The temperature is carefully controlled in that room.

Glen holds the bottle of yeast again.

... the recipe in every language ...
I look at it and think how it is like my bottle of yeast for bread making.

He treasures his since it is specialty yeast.

My yeast is the large vacuum packed tin foil packaged product that anyone can buy at Costco. Though I treasure it equally it comes to me at a significantly lower cost.

I study the different colours of the large containers and watch the variation by hue in the different layers of the liquid.

Glen tells me that the fermentation is working its way down.

I like seeing the difference in the product both of us enjoy producing from grain and yeast.

That ends this week's visit to a beer home brewery.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.