Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Note to Two Grandmothers

Betty's morning make-up
Betty told her mother she wanted to send these pictures to her two grandmothers: Joan and Arta.

Betty added text for her grandmothers:
I love you guys. I really wanted to see you and go there (to your houses) today but it's Valentines today and I wanted to send you a glowing sword.

And I really love you, so goodbye.
Miranda adds, "These are makeup pictures inspired by the magazine we were reading at Arta's appointment on Monday. Betty really wanted to test it out."

And I have something to say.

Yes, we did sit looking at a Glamour magazine while I was waiting to see the dermatologist.

Since one of the models had a lot of freckles on her face,
we did have a long discussion about having freckles,
and about how beautiful they were on the model's face.
That magazine was the only choice we had of a magazine with colourful pictures.

We did look through a Calgary Business Magazine, but every page we turned, there was the pose of another corporate male outfit, which wasn't interesting Betty that much.

You know, a suit, a tie, a man's face, mostly black and white.

But the Glamour magazine?

There we could find glowing colour, sparkles, glitz, hair blowing in the wind, hair that had curls like Betty's, painted nails.

... snip, snip and off come the curls around the forehead ...
Every page was an excuse for more advertising about products that would make a person more beautiful.

Betty lingered for a long time on the eye make up.  And the false eye lashes.

Miranda, in the meantime, was taking the small whisps of curly hair on Betty's head and moving them back from her forehead.

Pointing to Betty's head, Miranda said to me, here you see Betty's first self hair cut.

Yes, indeed, Betty must have taken those long front golden curls and chopped them off with a pair of scissors.

Well, she won't be the only child who has given herself a hair cut. 

Quite a saving as far as money gores, but the result not always that fashionable.

Still, the make-up is good.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss this little face. Was so fun getting to have her hang out with me at Arta's while I was teleworking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, darling little face, and she was so cute and quiet, coming over in the day and sitting by you and not really bothering you. At least I couldn't see her doing it. Some crayons, some felts, a little bit of paper and away she went as though she were working. I am pretty sure a book could be written about having your grandchildren live next door to you. Last night they were over for rice and masala. They bring the rice, the masala, the dishes, even the knives and forks, all in some kind of totes. And we practised eating ice-cream as we want to do it for my birthday. I told Richard there are only 86 more days to my birthday. He rolled his eyes and said I can't believe you are counting. Michael wanted to know why the supply of ice cream in the freezer is diminishing. I told him that sometimes at night, I have a bowl of ice cream all by myself. He said he can hardly wait to be an adult and do that! I told him it is really fun and I hope he keeps his own freezer full of ice cream after he is 18.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.