Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A Walk in the Snow

It snowed for two days, here in Victoria.

That's been pretty exciting in our house with people occasionally just standing at the window, watching the snow fall, or watching the birds land on the tree branches closest to the house.

There is a question as to whether there are enough boots, hats and gloves to go around.

There's no use getting a hat for Dunciun because nothing is going to fit that amazing head of hair

There are other questions.

Does he need to a hoodie under his coat? 

Will Steve’s boots fit him?

When the moment came that he was to go out the door and meet his friend, Seth, I grabbed my camera because a walk in the snow is almost an historic event.

Out into the world of snow covered sidewalks and paths he went.

We, still at home, aren’t used to the bright light shining off of the snow and through the windows, so the house seems to have an otherworldly bright glow without the lights even being turned on.

I was interested in seeing how Duncan would brave the snow since it was falling when he left for his walk.

“Welcome back”, I said, though not wanting him to think I was curious about his walk when the snow was falling and he had nothing on his head.

On the edge of his hair, tiny globes of water hung on the tips of his curls. 

I asked him, “Would you mind if I got close up with my camera? 

He said. “Go for it grandmother. It doesn’t matter to me."

So I caught it on my camera.

Duncan coming home after a walk during the snowfall.

The weight of the snow had laid heavy on his head flattening what is usually a large rounded circular shape. 

The prolonged use of earphones can leave a track across the top of his head.

6But when he takes them off the hair springs back up.

At this moment a lot of snow had landed on him and the top of his head was more like a flat table which made his mother laughed pretty hard when he came inside.

And of course, his head was heavy for it was like a wet sponge, carrying a lot of water.

I was amazed at the glistening of the little drops of water that hung on the edge of every skiraling piece of hair.

He was soaking wet.

I think he took a hot shower before he was revived and spent the rest of his day back at the computer.

Arta


4 comments:

  1. The last one with all of the droplets of water on the top of his head could not have been staged. Just snap and clip at the end of a long walk. I love the photos, too. And I honour Duncan for allowing them to ber published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the hair gives him an extra three inches of height, and that is before anyone can take a comb to it and lift it even higher.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.