Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Hebe’s Cloth Napkins

... a surprise package arrives for me ...
On February 7th, I received a package in the mail, a Christmas gift from Hebe.

Inside were the napkins she sewed for Christmas.

I took them out and laid them one by one on the counter so I could get a good picture of them.

They came in beautiful pink tissue and a gold box.

... three different patterns, light fuschia, dark fuschia
and a pattern of mermaids, dolphins and octopii...
I thought to myself, I'm going to put that box beside my table and keep  my napkins in it so I can remember which ones are clean and which ones have to be thrown in the washed.

One thing I was really interested in was looking at the corners, because that's where sewing is the hardest – making nice corners.

Hebe has lots of aunts who like to sew: Aunt Ina, Aunt Bonnie, Aunt Mary, Aunt Catherine, Aunt Rebecca Johnson and she has two grandmothers who like to sew: Arta and Kathy.

People who like fabric and are joking for joy and inspfiation, look carefully at the projects.

... the corners are fabulous ...
I inspected the corners.

Well done Hebe! 

Hebe has captured both with colour and volume with her napkins to me, fun to touch and fun to look at.

I shouldn't say volume, but quantity.  Twelve of them.

These are so beautiful Hebe I'm so happy to have them.

Hebe is on the Honour Role
Thanks for a wonderful gift, and I hope you don't mind that I put them up on the family blog so everyone can see them.

Arta

4 comments:

  1. The next time you sit down to eat I will give you one of the three choices: the neon pink, the fushia or the mermaid design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the napkins. Unfortunately I do not have any grandchildren who give me lovely gifts like Hebe has given you Arta. Could I be your grandmother no. 2 Hebe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Hebe is making masks. I will put a couple of them on the blog. She only does special order only and Limited Edition.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.