Sunday, February 7, 2021

A Shopping Dream

Dream Image thanks to 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/687686159/jade-pendant-large-green-aquamarine
Even when they are vivid, I don’t pay much attention to my dreams. 

When I had been to a doctor. having had a concussion (learning to speed skate without a helmet on), he told me the dreams are just the thoughts that slip around in my head all day and at night, my brain unable to make sense of them, is spitting nonsensical data out. 

I took that to mean, do not worry about any Freudian interpretations. So, I've never been one to have a book beside my bed and to write my thoughts down as soon as I woke up.

Today's dream was different and I didn’t need to write it down. In it, I was walking by the Hudson's Bay Company in downtown Calgary and many people were rushing into the store. I asked where they were going, and someone said, “Oh don't you know the Hudson's Bay is bankrupt and they have to sell everything.”

I changed the direction of my walk and went right into the store to the jewellery counter looking for the biggest pieces of jade jewelry. I asked the clerk to bring four pieces out of the case for me. She told me two of them were costume jewellery which I was going to purchase anyway, because they were still exquisitely beautiful. The other two that I am chosen were only 20% off. Few people buy large jewellery, and I thought if I waited a while, they might get cheaper. And hardly anyone has the same taste I have, and in fact, it is just too much for some. Still, I wanted those pieces and was afraid someone else would buy them. The clerk asked for my credit card. I told her that I had forgotten it and would be right back with it, and then I tried to get out of my dream to get my card. On getting out of my dream, I knew there was no way back in. 

I'm not going to go to bed tonight without my credit card.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.