Thursday, February 18, 2021

Bun Burger Bun

... thawing the frozen bun
while cooking the hamburger ...
I don't go through fast food outlets often enough, to know exactly how to order. One thing is for sure, if a person doesn't want a pickle on their hamburger they shouldn't have one. And it is on the ordering that the burger is made perfect. It's easy to get Duncan's order. He wants bun / burger/ bun. Life couldn’t be more simple than that. In 19 years, his tastes haven’t changed.

Now that we have to make his order at home, there's been a question about what's the best way to get to that burger. Rebecca thinks buying a box of frozen burgers is the best way. I like to buy a chub of meat and then make the hamburger myself. I like to be the foreman on this job. Duncan is not interested in any of the condiments. It is okay if I put a little bit of Worcester sauce in the hamburger and work it in with the salt, before I flatten it into a burger, but that's about it.

David Camps and I worked the method over at the lake, checking out if David could make himself a hamburger. I was glad to see it was true. David Camps can make his own burger. And so can Duncan. I think it is Rebecca who figured out that in order to get the frozen bun fresh, one should put a rack over the frying pan, put the two halves of the bun on and then while it's 3 minutes per side for the burger, that bun is steamed just enough to be perfect.

Last night I told Duncan I would make the burger for him but his mother was wanting to go out shopping and if she came upstairs, then he'd have to finish the job. I finished but then forgot to tell him it was done. A half an hour later I came to him and said Duncan, thank you for coming in and taking the bun / burger / bun from the kitchen., I forgot to deliver it right to your workstation. He really laughed.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.