Thursday, February 18, 2021

Arta Lorraine Tucker Gunn (June 3, 1946 - January 21, 2021)

Top:
Bottom: Lorraine at the far right, front row

My cousin, Arta Lorraine Tucker Gunn, who had my name, died on January 21st.  Here is the link to her obituary.

Cousinhood is lived out in peaks and valleys, sometimes depending on where a person lives.  I feel close to my Cardston and Medicine Hat cousins, because they are close and I saw them often growing up, either them being at our house, or we being at theirs.

We didn't see our American cousins as often, but I don't think I felt any less affection for them. 

LtoR: Ken Tucker, Wyora Pilling, Lorraine Tucker
My mother loved their mother and I loved all of my cousins.

And so this simple post to mark her passing.

Arta




3 comments:

  1. I remember having a lot of fun with Lorraine when we used to see each other. Lorraine spent a number of summers with us out at Shuswap. Fun times! I remember visits from Sharon, Lisa, Aunt Leatrice and Uncle Ross. All good times. Love to all those cousins that with whom I have lost contact. The happy memories are still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did Great Aunt Leatrice always have her hair in an updo? My memory has it as so.

      Delete
  2. I have that same feeling with friends from the past, dear ones with whom I have lost contact. I treasure the old memories, and I am sure that should we meet again, only good times would ensue.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.