Friday, February 12, 2021

A Hummingbird on our Feeder

This is my hard to see it photo.
Look closely on the lef-hand side
of the dish that holds the water.
There used to be a song called  "There's a bluebird on your windowsill”.

Popular more in my mother's time than mine.  I do remember her singing it.

I've been thinking about the song because Steve has a humming bird on his bird feeder.

The hummingbird stays there for a long time he said, so I went to check it out.

We can see it from the dining room and I decided to see how close I could get with my phone/camera.

... a miracle that I can show you this with my camera ...
... still there on the left hand side of the hummingbird dish ...
The answer is pretty close.

The hummingbird doesn't seem to flutter away when it sees its movement on this side of the glass.

A couple of nights ago all of the water in the hummingbirds dish froze; still it sits there.

Maybe it like us is waiting for spring.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.