Monday, February 1, 2021

My Entertainment for the Week

Part of celebrating Black History Month for the Met, will be broadcasts showcasing amazing African American artists.

Yesterday Kathy Jarvis (of Edmonton) asked me what I had been watching last week as far as opera is concerned.  I only caught The Flying Dutchman, so I went out to look ahead for this week.

Feb 1 - Porgy and Bess

Feb 2 La Forza del Destino

Feb 3 Dialogues of the Carmelites

Feb 4 Cinderella (Rossini)

Feb 5 Marriage of Figaro

Feb 6 Ariade auf Naxos

Feb 7 Tosca - Puccini - soprano Shirley Verrett

As an aside, Camille A. Brown's troupe does the dancing in Porgy and Bess for anyone who missed seeing that in the past..

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.