Thursday, September 5, 2013

Last Night of the Proms

I have been scheduling the 2013-2014 HD Live Opera, Dance and National Theatre events into my daytimer.

I notice the first one is coming up.

I haven't ever gone to Last Night of the Proms. It is showing September 7th, but not, I think, in Salmon Arm which is where I will be.  Has anyone made it to this event yet?

Below I am copying the advertising material for the show should anyone be interested:
The Last Night begins with a celebratory new work by Anna Clyne and includes a rare performance of Britten’s 1967 overture for chorus and orchestra The Building of the House, a touch of Broadway magic and the sound of a glass ceiling being broken as Marin Alsop takes charge of her first Last Night. Nigel Kennedy and Joyce DiDonato are the star soloists in a programme that picks up sea-faring themes from Bantock and George Lloyd and includes a transatlantic flavour.
As well, there is a link to a small video of what you might see, if the show is available where you live.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. I am in SA as we speak. I will check it out. Would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some other coming attractions:

    Becoming Traviata, Thursday September 12 at 7:00pm. It's a look behind the scenes during rehearsal and production of La Traviata (starring Natalie Dessay) from The Theatre Archeveche in France. The encore is Saturday September 14/13 at 12:55pm

    The National Theatre Live has OTHELLO Thursday September 26/13 at 7:00pm.The encore is Saturday October 12/13 at 12:30pm.

    The Met Live in HD is coming! The Gala Opening for the Met Live new season is Eugene Onegin Saturday October 5/13 at 10:55am. Starring Anna Netrebko as Tatiana and Mariusz Kwiecien as Eugene Onegin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am putting them straight into my calendar.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.