Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Around our evening table

Image from Basha Foods International
Last night Joaquim asked me if I have ever made a list of the number of countries that I have cooked recipes from.  That made me laugh.  I don't think I am going to make such a list.

When I arrived here in Salmon Arm I was still practising Arabic bread.  I don't know if I have it right yet.  But what we are eating tastes good.

We were eating a Thai Red Curry Chicken tonight.  I have been wanting to make this since Miranda came over one day asking if I had any red curry paste. 

Having none, it went on my grocery list but I couldn't find it until I stopped one day at Basha Foods International.

Now the curry paste as drifted out here to B.C. with me still wanting to use that paste.  And that is how we got to the Red Curry Chicken Thai dish.

Tonight we had a Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry.  I have been doing that dish with its variations for so many years that it seems to be a Canadian dish to me. One more meal at home and then we are taking off for Victoria where I am hoping to taste the food of many cultures across the Pacific.

Joaquim asked me what would be Canadian food if I were to make it.  Putting maple syrup on pancakes seems like one choice.  I couldn't think of a third, but my second choice would be serving the deer sausage that I can get from Miranda and Richard's freezer.

Yum.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.