Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Road Trip - In Steps

... or walk along the beach ...
Getting in 10,000 steps a day takes me a couple of hours.

If I don’t strike out early in the morning, the chances of me making my goal are slim.

Now Bonnie and I did a Netflix Event last night.

We watched Wild Wild Country, the whole season.

I thought it was 5 episodes and judged myself accordingly, but it was 6 – which ended up being a little much, but I wasn’t going to stop when I was on a roll.

Bonnie sat in the same room, but at the same she was out reading the spoilers, finding out the critiques, seeing what the ratings are and checking on “8 Things You Should Know before Watching Wild, Wild Country”.

I wouldn’t have thought to do any of those things.
... a steep set of rock stairs ...


By the end of the series, I could see why there won’t be a season two.

I checked on Bonnie in the morning, but she was still awake when I was ready to walk, so I struck out on my own, going down to Shelburne and then walking along the Avenue until I came to SaveOnFood at which time I called Bonnie so she wouldn’t be worried about me.

She said to hold on, that she would come right over and that we could walk together.
... daffodils, everywhere ...

So we did another 5,000 steps, got some groceries since the fridge seems to get emptied faster than we can keep it full.

David has reached his teen-age years when he can do four meals a day and three snacks.

Alex is the same. It is evening now and we are still out of milk, bread, apples and oranges and I feel as though we just put some in the fridge.
... a lovely home on a cliff ...

I love the walks on the Victoria streets. In the first place, I am faster than most of the other people out for walks. Second, the streets are still lined with cherry trees in blossom. 

Occasionally there is the whiff of a hyacinth as I walk along.

 Bonnie and I passed St. Luke’s church which has a graveyard attached to it. I saw a tall marker and was trying to get out the words to her, “Please, don’t put one of those on my head”.

But before I could speak a word she was reading aloud from one of those markers, the Wordsworth poem,  “I wandered lonely as a cloud / That floats on high o'er vales and hills / When all at once I saw a crowd / A host, of golden daffodils; / Beside the lake, beneath the trees, / Fluttering and dancing in the breeze / Continuous as the stars that shine / And twinkle on the milky way, / They stretched in never-ending line."

The poem took on new meaning.

There are daffodils everywhere: in people’s front garden’s, along the meridians, in back yards and in people’s arms as they carry them inside of their homes.

 Just a wonderful time to be here in Victoria.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.