Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Good-bye 2019

... Auld Lang Syne dates back hundreds of years ...
(Getty Images)
I have come to the close of another year of blogging.

Thank you to all who have read.

Thank you to those who have commented.

Thank you to family and friends who sometimes join in with pictures or text.

I think I have found my blogging rhythm.

I like to post every day and sometimes twice a day when something catches my eye.

In a perfect world that would be my goal, writing at least once a day, and the world is pretty perfect since I seem to be able to find a sentence or two, even when the waking hours are busy ones.

I  think about something in my day that I would not want to forget has happened and then the words spill out of my fingertips and that incident gets caught in black and white.

To finish off the year, here are the words I would sing if I were with any of you tonight:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne.
Chorus
For auld lang syne, my jo,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
Chorus
We twa hae run about the braes
And pu'd the gowans fine
But we've wander'd mony a weary foot
Sin auld lang syne.
Chorus
We twa hae paidl'd i' the burn
Frae mornin' sun till dine.
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin auld lang syne.
Chorus
And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right guid willy waught,
For auld lang syne.
Chorus

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Arta! One of the hightlights of 2019 was spending a week with you at the Shushwap house.
    I look forward to great times with you in 2020.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Ria, that the happiness of the week we spent together at the Shuswap was completely unexpected. A highlight. Two women off on their own during the day and just meeting for meals that were a feast -- and all prepared by you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.