Sunday, December 29, 2019

2 to 6 Days out of 365

"I like to do crafts at her house."
Is it really worth it, to put up Christmas decorations?

"I am colourig while my gtrandmother packs away decorations."
At a modest estimate, it takes me at least one day to take them down and one day to put them up.

Some of my sisters say they set aside 3 days on both sides of Christmas – just to get the boxes out of the garage and the musical toys with batteries again, and the nativities put together and the tree decorated, and that is after the lights have gone on.

And I am not talking about any decorating done on the outside of the house.

"If you ask, I will sing you a song that I make up."
Now some families bring everyone into the living room and have all participate.

Now this wouldn’t happen at Christmas, but I noticed that I was having the kids putting up decorations for Chinese New Year already and there was a lot of shoving going on.  

Maybe that wouldn't happen during family decorating time at Christmas.

Mimetic desire.

You can’t go wrong knowing that the desire to have or do what others are doing is innate.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.