Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Reza and Sora Jamshidi's Party

Carol, Arta, Reza Ilsa, Sora, Emma, Eliana, Pouria
I was invited to lunch at Reza and Sora Jamshidi's apartment: 7 adults and 2 children.

The afternoon was so restful for me, hearing the conversation as people who have been far away from each other gather, to fill in the details of their jobs, or in Eliana's case of the post-doc she will be doing at York.

The parents were watching the two little girls: Ilsa at 15 months and Emma at 12 months.

Ilsa can run.  Nothing gets in her way.

Emma is still deciding if the fastest place from one point to the other is walking or crawling. So she alternates between a halting walk or a fast drawl, depending on the hurdles (to her) that she must manage.

We had ghorme sabzi an Iranian stew, which I immediately went home and googled, since although it is made with lamb or beef, I had the idea that elk might be fabulous that way as well.
I forgot to mention the fabulous squash soup
that preceded the meal.  That blue bowl in font of me
is empty here, bt it was filled twice before this picture.

The preparation takes hours.  Even the video took a long time.

The next day, Pouria brought me the recipe, as it can be made a quicker way, as well as he brought me all of the ingredients:  the dried herbs, the canned herbs, the dried lemons.

Some people just know how to give exactly the right gift.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.