Monday, December 16, 2019

Children of the Sea by Anthony Gaston

The Ancient Murrelet is a bird that comes to land in Canada 
only on the remote islands of Haida Gwaii, 
off the north coast of British Columbia.For
 mother and father murrelet land is a dangerous place: 
their true element is the sea.
Janet gave Rebecca and me a beautiful book called Children of the Sea by Anthony Gaston and Illustrated by Judy HIlgemann.

The reason that the Rebecca and I are now going to have to arm wrestle each other is the book is that it reminds us of our trip to the ancient forest in northern British Columbia this this fall.

I am already to page 5 in the book, so I think that gives me dibs as to who should be in charge of this book. As well, I will read it to the kids next door.

Of course, Rebecca could do that as well.

Anyway, thanks to Janet for a book that brings back fond memories of that trip up to the Avatar Grove.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.