Friday, December 27, 2019

WWWD

The middle pendant is a gift from Rebecca to Wyona,
one of Rebecca's clay pendants which are
often gifts from Truth and Reconcilation Meetings.
This one is a gift after the court case to all attendees.
Wyona and I were driving down Crowchild Trail on a Boxing Day adventure. We just got in the car and made a couple of wrong turns before we even got onto Crowchild Trail.  It isn’t really that hard to get there from my house.  But this day it happened to be hard.

We made 2 wrong turns before my phone rang and I picked it up to hear Catherine wondering what our adventure was about. And then she asked, “Is it a WWWD day?”

I laughed.

Yes. WWWD. What Would Wyona Do?

So here is what she did, in story form. It didn’t matter where we went on our shopping trip, clerks commented on Wyona’s jewellery. And I guess the question, What would Wyona do was exemplified in what she was wearing.

Rebecca gave all of us who attended court a new pendant: lawyers, relatives, litigants – all of us gathered in the Court House Cafeteria afterwards and picked out something to remember court by.
Wyona added more beads to the pendant in the first necklace.
And she added some semi-precious stones
 from South America for the see second necklace

I knew that what I wanted would be left to the last, so I didn’t fear that the best would be gone first. I like good sized pendants that are always left behind.

Wyona picked something orange this time. A small piece. Then she went home and strung it with other beads. And yesterday she wore it with another set of beads she has designed.

WWWD?

The Answer: In whatever way she can find, she will be creative.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.