Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Keeping My Eye on Betty

I have been keeping my eye on Betty. 

And for good reason.  I just don't trust a person who likes to clean so I have to watch her closely to get to understand her. 

As this photo shows, just give her a damp cloth and she is happy shining mirrors or wiping up spilled milk.

Today the kids had pancakes for breakfast, dollar-sized pancakes.  Their mom left for Costco and I came over to watch them for a while.  I saw Betty adding extra Maple Syrup to her pancakes as soon as her mother was out the door.  The pancakes were already swimming in the maple syrup by time I could grab back the jug.

I thought to myself, just let her enjoy what she has there. 

What I loved is that she leaned down to lick the syrup off her her plate -- why put the pancake in her mouth when she could just have syrup.  She must have done this before, for I saw her take her both hands and hold back those curly blonde locks so that they didn't fall in the syrup as she was running her tongue around in it.

I love being a grandparent, sitting back and watching incidents like these happen, feeling no need to discipline or interrupt childhood happiness.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.