Friday, December 27, 2019

Preparing for Remote Access to my Computer

... Splendor at one side of the table. 
Also a game of Uno at the other side of the table...
I needed to have some long distant secure remote access help when I was figuring out how to set up my new-to-me computer.

When that kind of assistance is given from a Help Desk there is a statement read, one principle of which is that you can stop the session at any time, and you are warned that the person coming in remotely can see what is on your computer.

... Michael prepares to beat his grandmother at Splendor ...
The last statement wouldn’t bother me, since I lead a quiet life with nothing on my computer that I couldn’t show anyone.

So in the person came, and as their cursor was moving around my desktop I saw a file that was called Torture Files.

I couldn’t remember what it was that I might have put in such a file, but I determined to look deeper into its contents when the session was over.

So here is what the contents were: pictures of me playing board games.

... Alice's hands control the cards ...
Yes.

Torture to me.

But I am drawn to board games since they present an excellent way to interact with my grandchildren.

I watched Doral’s friend, Pam Dirk, this summer.

When the games with children began Pam dove in with all of the excitement of a newcomer about to have the best moments of the day ahead, rolling the die and making her moves with such joy.

... a meal first and then cards ...
I am trying to follow her model.

But I can’t quite do it, can I?

I am at about 98% able to show excitement.

... Betty with her cards laid out in front of her ...
It is just that little 2% in me that has to label the file “Torture”.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.