Sunday, December 8, 2019

On Last Trip to Total Cardiology

... LRT tracks in the snow at Erlton Station ...
The Repsol Centre houses the Total Cardiology Unit, a place where people with heart events to go get some cardiac training.

I did my last recall now.

The physio therapist said I was a star.

Nine minutes on the tread mill, my heart beat up to 188, able to speak in smooth phrases, even at the peak of my walk on the treadmill.

I was happy. The cardiologist said he had no more advice for me as did the physio therapist. “Keep doing what you are doing.” Even with that advice, I came home and read Chapter VI on Exercise in the book I got from there. I read a few tips I had forgotten.

My favourite part of the test was at the end when one of them asked where I was parked in the parking lot. I said, “Oh, I didn’t drive. I just hopped on the LRT.”

The physiotherapist laughed the hardest.

He lives in Parkdale.

... mural on the wall at the LRT Stampede Station ...
He knows how far it is to the LRT which I consider just a short jaunt – 12 minutes to walk there and then I pace the platform while I wait for the train.

No use missing any chances to put steps onto the Fitbit. And no use missing any chances to walk the short distance from Erlton Station to the exercise centre.

 If I take the right route home I can even cross the Elbow River and lean over the side of the bridge to see that water swirling along, ice on each side and rabbit tracks in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.