Monday, July 15, 2019

90% Done

... water just before it runs under the second culvert ...
In the evening I try to plot some kind of plan for the next day.

Not that I keep to the plan, but just having an idea about how to shape the next day is good for me.

I have many jobs that are so close to being finished.

Usually the last touch is to take the weeds away to the compost or rake around the spot where I have been working or weed around that last petunia plant or pick up the rocks that have been raked up but now need to be carted away.

That is the touch that is missing.

So I went for it.

I planned today as the day when I would go back in time to those spots where I left a pile of debris, or where I didn’t put the tape measure away, but meant to … and this time get the job done.

That meant I was running on a different schedule today.

"Nature's garbage collector and recycler"
Pacific Banana Slug.
I was surprised at how relaxing the day became.

A pleasure to look at a job that needs to be done, and then just do it for the joy of finishing off work to its very end.

I didn’t finish off all of the jobs, but the ones that I did look really good.

2 comments:

  1. What would the last 10% of a slug's job look like, I wonder. I got a couple of last 10% jobs done myself - two reports off in the mail. In the garden, I decided to get one row weeded. Perhaps tomorrow I will do the last 10% in my yard by finally carting away the weeds you so kindly pulled for me: 5 bags full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the picture of the slug up because when I was pulling ferns so that the rock face of the feature that Trell built for me would be exposed, I saw that slug. I thought to myself, well, for sure I am going faster than that animal. I even had time to get my camera out and compose the shot, something I have trouble doing with my grandchildren. Sweet slug to give me all of those feelings of success.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.