Monday, July 1, 2019

Take a Quick Right

There are a number of walks on the property.

I’m going to give them names.
1. The grandfather’s walk.
2. The David Pilling trail.
3. Pilling’s road.
4. Pilling’s road loop.
5. The road to the beach.
6. The dedicated space by little Canadian Stream.
Do you have a name for any others on the property?

David Camps-Johnson and Arta 
walking up David Pilling's Trail.
I went out to show David Camps-Johnson how to find the bottom of David Pilling’s trail so that he can show others how to walk it.

I was pretty sure we had to cross two creeks, but somehow I got lost and I went right to the end of where the Grandfather’s Trail meets up with the incline that goes to Old Sicamous Road.

I knew I had gone too far.

I backtracked.

I then could find the trail. We tried to come up with the right words to give better directions to others.

David said the instructions should include the words “take a sharp right just before the second creek.”

I think that says it all.

Dead fall in a mature forest of Douglas Fir.
At first the climb is steep, but it is lovely how it winds through the trees, always upwards.

I had to watch my feet so I walked over exposed roots.

My favourite part of the trail is when I find small saplings woven around other trees so as to keep them out of our way but still alive.

I watch for places to take good pictures.

I know I have to find the sun making it way in light rays to the ground.

I find myself at the top of the trail long before I wish to be there.

Arta and Bonnie near the top of the trail.  
Walking sticks are a Godsend.
We walked around the highway side of David and Shawna’s home, and discovered the path to Marcia and Art’s lot was walkable again.

A couple of weeks ago I tried to go down there, but the grass was up to my arm pit and it was hard to make my way through the bushes.

Later tonight Greg told me he had taken the truck down there to clear the way for those who want to walk on that dog leg.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.