Sunday, July 14, 2019

A Pause in a Busy Day

I took my nap early today.  I worked from 6:30 am until noon and then I wanted to feel the soft warm water of a shower and cool comfortable length of my bed.

Betty out lasted me.  But she gave in at the afternoon home movie.

The scenes just weren't fast paced enough for her and she only had to put her head back onto her dad's armpit and she was out like a light.

That was two of us -- just a pause and sleep seems so welcome.

Also fun in the day for me was giving Bonnie Wyora another music lesson on her guitar.  She can strum the Shaker Tune, "Tis a Gift to be Simple", as well as "This Train is Bound for Glory" now.  Duncan said that the highlight of his day was singing "Straw Hat and Old Dirty Hanky" with her. 

A big yes to belting out all of the music one wants on the porch.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. haha to duncan in the background using Diet Coke to stay awake!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.