Sunday, July 28, 2019

Waffles for My Dolly

"Who wants to lick the beater?"

Betty became my friend one morning, but only marginally.

She had to be separated from her old sister.

I had Betty join me in the kitchen while I made waffles.

Betty brought along her basket of Barbies but was sitting at the island out of duty, not desire.

I tried to give her breakfast but she wouldn’t have anything to do with the waffles. In an act of desperation, I told her that would be fine, that she didn’t have to eat a thing, but the Barbies had to eat the Barbie waffles I would be making.

I proceeded to take a waffle from the waffle iron and cut it so that 16 small pockets were preserved.

... foreground?  Barbie Waffles ..
I put them on a dish, filling one with a dollop of whipping cream and then proceeded to my waffle making station, forgetting about Betty until she called out for more Barbie waffles.
The first set was gone.

I have no idea how she got them down the Barbies.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.