Sunday, July 14, 2019

Bees at work.

It was easy to capture bees today with a camera.

Tea for two?
They were crowded around the bee balm.

I had watched them working late last evening on the raspberry bush side of the porch.

The teens were singing on the lake side.

Michael divided his time between the two groups, rarely lighting down.

We studied how far the bees could move into the petals. Sometimes they burrowed in so far they disappeared from view. The only sign of their presence was the movement of the petal with no breeze in the air.

Heaven on earth.
Today I wandered down to Janet's pottery studio.

I was hoping to find Tonia, my photography teacher, to help me choose which photos to keep.

I had taken over 50 that were all so similar.

It was hard to stop clicking the camera on such a beautiful day.

Heading deep into a petal.

Choosing a petal.
Tonia was a great help, but the bees were not. 

They were also down at Glen and Janet's, in every flower I studied up close.
Dogbane.

Hostas.
The only thing with more pull than the bees was the call of the beach for a swim. 

I was not the first in the water today.
It didn't let me get s close as the bees did.


2 comments:

  1. In the picture of the flowering dogbane, the leaf is perfectly cupped and looks like some kine of space station ready to receive the bee that is about to alight.

    I know that you have only captured a moment in time and that the bee might have gone elsewhere. I get that kind of knowledge because I sat on the porch as well, watching the bees and knowing I can never predict where they will go next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your phrase "petals enveloping the bees."

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.