Monday, July 22, 2019

Life Plan

I sat beside Rebecca as she was doing a planning exercise. This one had 3 part: life time, 3 year plan and one year plan. Thank goodness the planning exercise had some examples of what could be in each category. For me, I was stumped at the lifetime plan. I couldn’t think of anything for that category other than enjoying each day as it comes. But the lifetime plan commitments included trying to have good health. And so I thought about what that might include for me.

... a pause during the walk for a selfie ...
One is the daily walk – 45 minutes with some of the time up in the cardio area would be ideal.

Walking is done best in the early morning when it is cool.

Doral says he wants to join in when anyone walks.

Bonnie says the same thing.

What I like best is when Rebecca texts Tonia and then the three of us walk side by side down the road.

I like to walk just fast enough that I can’t carry on a good conversation. That makes me the listener.  This morning I got to hear Rebecca doing preliminary thought around a paper that must be done in 10 days. A gift to me, for I will get to think about the question as well and then read how she makes an argument for another of the Truth and Reconciliation’s 94 points, this time a call for a special kind of engagement of lawyers when they work with the indigenous people of the far North.

The taking care of one’s health part of the life plan seems to be working for me. This morning we only took a 15 minute stroll.   I count even that as mattering and not as being short shrifted.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.