Thursday, July 4, 2019

Sing Fest

... Bonnie on the porch at meal's end ...
Tonight Bonnie, Kerri and I had a song fest instead of Bonnie’s usual music lesson.

The kids had gone home to the cabin with Miranda and we gathered in the kitchen to sing the old favourites.

“I’ve never heard of “Tom Dooley”, said Kerri.

“Too late,” said Bonnie. “You will be singing about him tonight.

 Not a pretty picture, but the song is in the right key and the chords are simple.”

... Betty hoping there will be ice-cream after supper ...
I cringe at Johnny Cash’s “I’ll Walk the Line”, but it has the right chord progressions as well so we sing it. 

Country and Western is just not my genre.

Pete Seeger’s rendition of “Freight Train” is so lovely that we both sing the song and then go out to the web to listen to him sing it, and then we come back to our own kitchen and enjoy the sounds of the chords and the chance to make music.

"Can I take your picture, Veer?"
"Sure."
Bonnie can play some of the usual chord progressions now and it is fun to sing the songs that she can do.

So that was a lovely ending to a beautiful day.

Bonnie grilled the tandoori chicken for us for dinner tonight.

... Michael wondering if there will be
an evening board game...
Kerri Sing made the salad – she had a honey mustard dressing on it that made me keep eating the vegetables long after I was full.

The recipe?

Melt some honey, add some mustard, a few pepper flakes and some olive oil.

An amazing dressing.
David Camps
"Yes, you may take my picture."
I think my favourite part of the day is eating outside in the cool shade, relaxed, no jobs ahead of me except the usual kitchen clean up, people gathering in groups to eat with each other.

I like the pace of the evening hours when we talk about the adventures of the day.

 Apparently Jeremy Pilling and Glen cleaned out a larger space down at the Shady Beach, enough space for a picnic table on the railroad side of the log that has a step cut through it.

I am going to check that out tomorrow and see how it looks.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.