Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Garage Sales

I can't stop myself from loving thrift shops and garage sales. 

Read no further if you have no interest in the joy that comes from a really good find, mostly from pulling into a driveway where there is a sign that says unwanted goods are being sold off.

In the case of Bonnie's garage sale find, she knew the people who were having the sale and really wanted to see their new baby. 

Joining in on their garage sale was only a secondary impulse.

Alice was thrilled to get first dibs on what Bonnie brought home. 

Here is a picture essay of those early moments in the driveway of my house when Bonnie opened up her stash to show Alice the following -- all of them choices for Alice.


"You mean I can have six of anything you are going to show me?


Betty modelling eagle jewellery that ended up with Aunt Rebecca.

The soft stuffie and the wizard costume were a hit with Alice.
Arta wanted the canvas bag in the lower left corner
A must for Arta, because she doesn't have enough bags.

Michael was willing to model the yellow winter hat.


The first question is, will this winter coat fit me, the grandmother?
Beautiful leather gloves were in the pocket.
I tried to make the gloves fit me, but they were one size too small


Miranda put together the unit that shows camera pictures in a loop.
What 6 year old wouldn't want that running in her bedroom?

The Japanese logo-ed t-shirt ended up in Aunt Rebecca's closet.

This sander was high on Alice's list of keepers.

Here is a padded glove to scrape Miranda's windshield with in the winter.
Alternatively Alice could save it for when she gets her own car, I theorized.

Red?  Vacuum for car -- one of Alice's first choices.
Orange? Skill saw
Blue: Another electrical unit, though I can't remember what!

"The stuffie?  An instant love affair"


Michael not only models wizard outfit, here, but he wears for the day.
And even later during the week.


... a small fluffy hanging ornament to hang from her purse ...
This was another of Alice's quick choices.
"I don't think the coat will work for me, Alice,  Too small.
But it does come with hand warmers I could use."


One of the items Bonnie bought was gray and pink fleecy pyjama bottoms.

Betty decided to wear them as a scarf, the top part wrapped around her shoulders and the each leg criss crossed at her throat and thrown over her back.
The afternoon of the birthday was spent at the movie.
Betty went out to the car with her newly acquired scarf around her neck.
"How are you going to manage that at the movies," I asked Miranda.
"I think it is out of my hands.  Betty will do what Betty will do."

Later I found these and put them away in my closet for they are a perfect fit for me.
I wore them one night when I got too cold during the day from the rain.

"Hey, you are wearing my scarf," said Betty when she saw me.


Ah yes.  Garage sales and the dispossession of the goods at the end of thr day..  A lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.