Friday, July 19, 2019

Raspberry Kuchen in the Kitchen

After a long walk with the children, Grandmother Joan stayed outside to help the Michael, Alice and Betty pick berries so that Miranda would make raspberry kuchen for dessert tonight.

It had rain all day. The berries had hidden under leaves or along stems of other canes and so they were full and ripe and when the recipe said to add 2 to 4 cups of raspberries on top of the cake batter, Miranda was closer to having the 4 cups of berries on top.

... all that was left the evening was over ...
Alice is smart. She paced herself through supper so that there would be plenty of room for the dessert.

She relishes the tartness of the raspberry along with the sweetness of the sugar -- all in one mouthful.

Betty turned her nose up at the 9 x 12 pan before it even went into the oven.

Some people can make their mind up about not liking something, long before it is baked.

Miranda makes Alice take single servings of dessert, just one at a time, which slowed Alice down a bit. She was already at piece number four when Miranda told her to just take a breather for a few minutes and then go back to the dessert. The recipe was so delicious, if I get the time I will put it up on larchkitchen.blogspot.ca.

... these are the berries that lay hidden where I can't find them ...
I did pick raspberries today by myself, trying to strip the vines.

I think I do a good job, but then I go in a different direction down the same row and I find more berries.

What is super exasperating is that when I am through, Glen comes by and mows and says, you have a lot of berries on those vines that you could pick.

He is right.  Another bucketful has instantly grown out of nowhere.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.