Sunday, July 21, 2019

Huckleberry Heaven

Photo Credit: Glen Pilling

Karlie fell when she was biking on the ridge of the Larch Hills Trails.

While the group were waiting for a vehicle to come and help her home, they ran into huckleberry heaven and began to pick berries.

Having no buckets with them they resorted to a  thousands of year old Secwepemc practise of using thimbleberry leaves to collect berries in.

On hearing that there were huckleberries up the mountain, Joan Turnbull said, "I don't think I have ever tasted huckleberries.

Miranda said she has tasted them for the children brought her a few berries from the bushes near her cabin.  A person is luck if they have ever tasted huckleberries. 

I have to say I don't share the ones that I pick.

Too delicious.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.