Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Photo Essay - Hebe

... Hebe, wearing her Easter basket as a hat ...
Bonnie asked me to tell some Hebe stories.

Now what kind of scientist is she?

And what kind of request is that?

If she wanted those stories she should have told me before I went into the field to collect data.

Now I just have to think back and if I get all of the kids mixed up into one story what does it really matter.

... play with her stickers at the new Jarvis table
For one thing, Catherine has a nice family picture on the mantel in her living room, above the fireplace.

 Hebe came to her, showed her the picture and signalled that she wanted to see her face up there, too, so now there is a large 8 x 10 picture of her on the other side of the mantel.

  ...Hebe, who is the most adventurous eater in the family ...
... here there is a cinnamon bun on her plate ...
... and in her mouth ...
As well, there is a plaque of a house, and each of the Jarvis’s are looking through one of the windows of the plaque.

There is a door to the house. Hebe told Catherine that Hebe is standing behind the door of the house but no one can see her.

I think Catherine is going to glue a picture of that girl’s face on the door so that she doesn’t have to use her imagination to believe she is part of the family every time she looks at that plaque.

... Can you say that in French to me? ...
When Hebe gets mad at Catherine, she knows how to let Catherine know that there is trouble between them.

One of the ways is that she sucks her thumb, just puts it right in her mouth and stares at Catherine.

That is because now she is four, Catherine has told her that she is too old to suck that thumb.

If Hebe needs to be defiant – in it goes.

As well, Hebe has two bad words that she knows she is not to use: ca-ca and poo poo.

I heard Catherine saying to her, the only thing that is hurting here, is that you don’t look very good when you are using those words, Hebe.

Watching Charolotte's Web and it is getting scary?
Hebe is an adventurous eater.

She will take a little bit of everything on her plate and then eat it all – unusual for someone so small.

I saw her go into Eric’s study while he was working. She just stood there.

I don't trust Templeton!
He leaned over, asked her why she was there, and then questioned, “Are you here because you want to give me a kiss?”

She must have nodded for I heard him say, “O.K. I will lean over and you can give me one here on the cheek.”

Then he went on to say to her, “What was going on in the other room. I heard something going on between you and Catherine. Don’t think you should do what Catherine was asking you to do? Don’t you think you should do what she says?”

She gave little yeses and nos to his questions. That was really cute.

...going to visit Eric in his study...
We watched two movies: Antz and Charlotte’s Web.

Both of the films can engender fear. I liked hearing Catherine tell her that yes, the movies are scary right at that point, but to hang in there, for it is all going to turn out fine in the end.

... wearing Grandma's Easter ring ...
Will those stories do, Bonnnie?

Arta

1 comment:

  1. thanks for those stories.... i will imagine myself also behind the door on the johnson-jarvis plaque... waiting to jump out and scare someone. maybe hebe and join me there?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.