Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rhiannon as the Follow the Prophet Girl

Naomi, the servant of all ... not Nessa Rose who makes servants of all
This morning I heard Rhiannon singing multiple rounds of “follow the prophet, he knows the way”.

Ta dum, ta dee.

I am wondering where the impulse to sing that song is coming from. Perhaps from Naomi who is also singing along and is the handmaiden of all – at least before she broke her leg.

Now I just see her give blank stares when someone asks her to get a toy for them, or pick up a pencil from the floor, or go get a snack to share with them.

She pretty well knows that while she has the impulse to serve, the practically of it is gone. Her job is to sit ... and heal.

... I am allowed / I am not allowed ...
She can't even say no, but only puts an incredulous look on her face.

Mary says about Rhiannon, that she hopes that three year old can tame the impulse to say no ... at least to her mother.

I heard this conversation on the porch stoop:

Mary: Are you allowed to go on the road?

Rhiannon to Mary's face: I am not allowed to go on the road.

Rhiannon (when Mary closes the screen door): I am allowed to go on the road.

Rhiannon, (when Mary opens the door again quickly): I am not allowed to go on the road.

Does this sound like someone who can “turn it off, like a light bulb”.

I think so.

This morning, Naomi asked me if I could stay with them for a whole year. Now that was sweet.

On the other hand, Rhiannon asked if I were going to be here again today. Mary told her yes. Rhiannon then asked Mary to teach me how to turn on the TV. Now there is a girl who has already identified her grandmother's faults and is campaigning to correct them.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.