Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Betty -- fiercely independent


... the fine hooks of seeds tangled in this hair ...
I was in the yard, preparing for winter by raking leaves.


I was idly aware that Betty and Alice were climbing the ladder under the birch tree.


When I paid more attention, I could see Alice shaking the branches so that the little seed pods landed in Betty's hair.


Betty was enjoying the confetti.

"It feels fine grandmother."
What a mess!


All those fine ringlets now tangled with the little hooks that seeds have so that they can travel along on whatever brushes by them.


I had no idea how her hair would ever be the same again.


She was resistant to letting me detangle her hair.  She said she could do it on her own.

And that is her.


I couldn't get within three feet of her.



Fiercely independent.


When she went inside she tried to put on her pink jacket.


I could see that it had a giant twist in the back of the jacket.


But there was no way she was going to let me touch that jacket.


So she fought with it herself and finally got both arms in.


And she was so pleased with herself.


I couldn't help laughing for the back of the jacket now showed that twist and although it looks as though it could be a fashion point, it is not.


She just won't let anyone help her.


3 months past 3 years and ready to go it on her own.

Our Betty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.