Sunday, October 28, 2018

Tattoo - the viewing

Edinburgh Castle Esplanade
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo 

 I paid for my ticket and sat down in the movie theatre.

 I still was not sure I was going to like the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo (2018), even hearing that they played to a sold-out crowd of 20,000 people in Edinburgh in August 2018. 

There is just something about me that holds back judgement until I can say for myself that seeing is believing. I was about 20 minutes into the tattoo’s performance when I noticed my toe was tapping. And when the US air force honour guard drill team sergeant walked through the bayonets on twirling 14-pound guns, that was it for me. I was all in. The Americans who watched the performance must be bursting with pride when they hear their Fife and Drum Band playing. The announcer says that the performances get better every year, but it would be hard to best this one.

A couple of times I wished that Greg Bates had been in town instead of in London, for I think his enjoyment on watching this would have equalled mine.

Thank you Ruth and Gene Bailey for speaking so highly of this event.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.