Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Best Kind of Guests

The best I could do at putting the tube of lipstick back together.
I feel that the best kind of guests are grand children.

They bringing surprises that adult guests just don't think of.

This Thanksgiving season, I noticed that three year old Betty Blanche had on an unusual blotchy, patchy staccato style of lipstick.

"Who helped you with that?", I asked.

"My mother," she answered.

I didn't even think it was curious that Miranda had applied the lipstick in that fashion until I found my tube of lipstick when the guests were gone.  I tried to reshape the waxes and oils into something less pebbley than the way Betty left it.

Moiya thinks the repair should just be a fancy
stitch holding the two pieces back together.
I thought that was the end of that, when Betty left. I had noticed bits of confetti paper at the side of my bed. In the summer she had taken my LaRue minutes that were signed and pretty well shredded them with scissors.

I thought the scissors had been hidden this visit.  I looked at the paper and it looked like my receipts from Save-On-Foods.  I didn't get a good look at the red plush cover on my bed until a day later.    A nice slice up the side of it.

By the time Betty gets to Grade I, I am sure that the teacher will be pleased with her advanced cutting skills.  The teacher will not know how instrumental I have been, as a grandmother, at helping her to reach that level.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. I think I can repair that blanket, just with a seam. But the trouble is finding the time to take it over to Wyona's or Moiya's to get it done. I was telling Wyona that I thought I would sew right through into my old age, but this doesn't seem to be true. I can see now that a person needs a sewing room where projects can be left until they are finished. Packing the sewing machine up at the end of every day just doesn't work. I need that sewing room, if not to create new garments, just to repair old ones. Everything eventually needs a seam restitched or a zipper repaired. That is above and beyond whatever it is that Betty takes the scissors to next. I am surprised that she hasn't cut off one of her golden ringlets yet, but that hasn't happened.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.