Thursday, October 25, 2018

Frankenstein for the third time

Photo Credit: NT Live Website
I did the seeming impossible yesterday.  I saw the NT live production of Nick Dear's novel which  retells Frankenstein, from the point of view of the creature.

I went this third time because I wanted towatch Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature.

As was promised by Emma Freud in the introduction to the show, two different interpretations of the creature and of Frankenstein, both brilliant.

I will be willing to go again.

One last idea from me, having seen both interpretations.  I liked Johnny Lee Miller as Frankenstein.  I felt that his Frankenstein gave the character more or an intellectual framework.  And the size of Cumberbatch made his creature more frightening. 

At least, my thoughts.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.