Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Going in Character

Rosie who really pulled off Halloween
with costuming making
and make-up for all.
Miranda and I did some errands this morning, taking back items I didn’t need to Ikea and buying hooks for other projects from Michaels, as well as visiting Home Depot.

We really got around.

Miranda told me that the wonderful Princess Aleia costume Alice had worn to the ward party had come from Lurene and Miranda did not want Alice to wear it out Halloweening and risk getting it dirty.

An inside party, yes, but too much dirt walking up and down the city streets.

... face painted, ready for trick or treating ...
So Miranda picked up a red kerchief at Michaels, saying that she would make Alice into Rosie the Riveter tonight.
Everyone ready for the family
Halloween walk?
I thought that was a grand choice and would fit Alice’s character.

My arms are always getting pushed back when I go into help her.

Way back and far away.

That magic hour was coming, finally, the one just before it is dark enough to go out Halloweening.

That anticipation can only be matched by going to bed on Christmas Eve.

I had to slip next door.

I thought there would be utter chaos.

But no.

Everyone now had their make-up and they were patiently waiting, waiting, watching TV.

I didn’t have to ask how the Rosie the Riveter costume turned out, for it was Miranda who had on the costume now.

And Alice was waiting to be Princess Aleia.  Again.

I think the pleasure for Alice is the magnificent wig, the hair parted and two magnificent buns, one on each side of her head.

What a mark of beauty.

The family had plans to walk down 24th street to the green space, then curve around the crescent and walk back. I had my Halloween candy ready.

Not one person came to the door until 7:30 pm at which time Michael knocked. He was collecting candy for the girls as well, for they had had enough of walking the neighbourhood streets.

Sumin had pushed Sumarga along in a stroller with them and he was thrilled with the children running along, seeing who could be the first to knock on each door.

Sumin hadn’t ever seen Halloween done like this and she tasted her first mini Mars bar.

I told her to freeze a few and see if she liked them better than way tomorrow.

I did ask Richard what he was going to be for Halloween.

He said he was going to be a dad. He played his part well.

Before Halloween, in let kids lay all over him, as they watched TV together waiting for the bewitching hour. 

He came next door and unplugged a sink for me, and also did some electrical work.

 Then he Halloweened until the last person in the family was ready to go in.
"I am going as a pirate again, Grandmother!"

Yup. Good work, Dad.

As you said, going in character.

 And thus endeth Halloween 2018.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.