Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Lost in London!

Photo Credit: Zach Treleaven
From Wyona:

Lost in London!

That is the name for this post.

When Zack got up Monday morning he said his legs felt like 'jelly'.

I know what he meant because mine had been overused and abused for three days, I just did not know to call them 'jelly legs'.

We spent the weekend doing Portobello, Petticoat Lane, Covent Garden, Spitafields and anything in between.

Monday we changed hotels, I got tickets for Zach and I to go to School of Rock. 

That show was so full of energy running back between the audience and the actors.

The children in that show are children prodigy. Completely mind boggling.


Photo Credit: Zach Treleaven

Yesterday Greg and Zack went to Greenwich, peaceful Greenwich Park, the Royal Observatory is the site of the Greenwich meridian line.

Greg asked Zack if he wanted to rent ear phones.

 Zack declined because he did not want earphones when he had the best guide beside him.

Coming back they took the boat down the Thames. Greg really enjoyed the view, the Shard, Tower Bridge, London Bridge, etc.

Last night Zack and I went to Aladdin.

The genie steals the show every time.

Leaving the theatre it was crowded.

I tapped into the metro and headed down the escalator at Tottenham Court Road Station which was closed for two years while we were here while it was being renovated.
Photo Credit: Zach Treleaven


Got to the bottom of the escalator and took 2 quick turns on the subway and turned around to see if Zack was following me. No Zack!

What, no Zack!

I retraced my steps, people were coming down the long escalator in groups and 3, it was crowded. No Zack. Went to the top of the escalator, no Zack. Who was lost, Zack or Wyona? We do have two burner phones, I had one and Zack had one but at the beginning of the show I asked Zack to turn my phone off. While doing it, he told me that I had no more minutes on my phone...and I know I had talked no more that 15 minutes of my 500 minutes. Guess I do not know how to turn the phone off. In any case, Zack was carrying the bag with my phone in it.

Photo Credit: Zach Treleaven

So I just thought I should carry on home and hope Zack could make it on his own.

We had talked about getting lost and what to do if that occurred.

When I got into the Central Line Subway stop it was crowded, 3-5 people deep.

I kept looking for Zach and low and behold I saw his light purple hoody up ahead.

That was a miracle! Zack was headed back to the flat but I had the key in my pocket. So when we got to the flat, I made Zack practice getting into the flat without a key. We called from the first gate outside and Greg did answer but he sounded panicked. By time we got to the second call gate, Greg did not answer the phone, he showed up at the door to see what was wrong. So we all had a chance on how it works when a person gets lost and has no key.

Greg left to get tickets for tonight and pump up my burner phone. I came into the living room, Zack's bedroom, opened the curtain, flew open the window, made noise, etc. to wake Zack up.

Zack rolled over, tried to keep the light out of his eyes and said, "Why do we have to go to bed so late? "

"20 hours sleep is enough," I said!

Life is good here in London.

2 comments:

  1. so great! reminds me of the time Arta and Duncan lost each other on the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read that post, I had a terrible stomach ache, remembering how I lost Duncan. Or how Duncan lost me. At one point I saw him as I was going down in an elevator and he was coming up some side stairs. Well, I could go on and on about losing someone in a foreign city and not being sure that the plan to be found again can be executed. Hah! Yes. A moment in time never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.