Friday, October 12, 2018

Snowing Christmas Tree

I may have made a mistake. 

I was following Wyona through Market Mall when she sent me ahead to check on some item and she would follow. 

When she caught up to me she had a large package in her hand. 

 I checked inside: snowing Christmas tree, complete with music, decorations, lights and falling snow. 

She had purchased it at full price. 

Not wanting to be outdone as a grandmother, and knowing that we have grandchildren the same age who know each other, I thought this was a time to throw caution to the wind, so I got one as well.
I had to have her coach me over the phone on how to put it together.

Reading instructions is not one of my fortes.

But now the snow has been added to the umbrella and Michael and I tested out the tree. 

Then we brought over Alice and Betty.


Like every new toy, there is much to be tested. 




Michael is the one who discovered you can
softly blow the snow from one side of the
umbrella to the other.
The girls are the ones who can't control themselves
from blowing it right out of the umbrella.



How fast can the snow blower go before the artificial snow is windswept out of the umbrella and onto the floor? How much snow can be picked up in one fist? (And you must be doing it while your grandmother is saying, don't pick up the snow.)

Why do the particles have static electricity that both binds them together and repels others at the same time?

 Can a boy blow a thin stream of wind out of his mouth, down the side of the umbrella and not have any of the artificial snow fly out the other side.

Alice's hand just can't help but catch the snow.
What happens when a girl tries to shake the snow off of the limbs of the tree? (Alternate question -- how much will fall on the floor and how hard do you have to shake it so that it will fall quickly?)

 If I put my head close enough to the branches will I have little pellets of snow all over my hair?

As I said, I may have made a mistake buying this tree. Or at the very least, the mistake may have been putting it up so early.

But we must have had some intimation that there would be no way to keep all of that snow in the basket of the umbrella.
How does the electricity get to
that star, anyway?

I know because we both ordered an extra bag of snow pellets to be delivered to us.
Arta


1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.