Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Annotating

Thanks for you blog post on annotating, Arta, and for providing some links.
I watched the YouTube video and read the annotation symbols suggestions.
Then I  picked up my copy of the Final Report of the TRC Comission of Canada Volume One: Summary and started on page 50, pen in hand.
My annotation codes start out quite neutral.
As suggested, a circle in the margin to denote a person (who), a square to denote a time or building (where, when), and [square brackets] around things I wanted to look up or get a definition for.

I liked the suggestion to put in reactions, using words or emoticons/empties and hashtags for things I could relate to or are being discussed in popular culture.

My hashtags start to focus on the horrors of the cultural genocide my government systematically and deliberately under took. I remember to focus on the courage and strength of the Aboriginal peoples I am learning about, and commit to continuing my education, bit by bit, one day at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.