Saturday, February 16, 2019

Online Sunday School Week 5

There has been so much to read this week, besides the 10 pages I have assigned for myself. (pg 50-60)  It is hard to stomach the founding of the schools, the governments inadequate funding of them, the governments dependence on the churches to help out, and the forced labour of the children in the schools.  Next week, pg 60-70.

On other fronts, The UofA Faculty Blog has been dense with information.  When I am tempted to skim what is written there, I think to myself, read deeply and maybe make a note or two.  This is too important to skim.  In fact, it might be the most intellectual thing I read all day, so I should take that extra 60 seconds and slow down.

And I offer you this opinion piece from the thetyee.ca with the title "Indigenous Scholars Decry ‘Character Assassination’ of Jody Wilson-Raybould".

Wilson-Baybould's  demotion and then resignation from cabinet is a bitter pill for me to swallow.  I am going to ask Mary where is the best place or places to write a letter of complaint about this -- one that might be heard.  I don't want to waste my time and stamp.  But I don't want to go unheard about her shameful treatment and even worse about the issue that precipitated it. No one in the liberal government "leaned" on her about SNC Lavalin.

Indeed?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.