Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Home Canning

Some moments are unexpected.

One was coming into the kitchen one morning and seeing that Rebecca was making pickled eggs.

 Not that making pickled eggs is surprizing. It is just that in all of my days of canning, I didn’t ever model that for her.

I don't think it is that really.  It is that they were red.

“I bought some pickled eggs,” she said, “and after eating them, I wondered if I could make them. A google search w me that it is not that hard.  And that they could be red.”

Apparently red pickled eggs, she explained, can be made with beets. You can find anything on the internet. Vinegar, beets, pickling spice.

Surprise to me!

Arta



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.