Wednesday, February 20, 2019

New Wallet

I was casually surveying the frayed edges of my wallet one day.

 I remarked to Rebecca that my wallet looked like it might have to be retired but not soon.

I was going to get that last few year’s of wearings out of it before the change started dropping out of the pocket and the flap would no longer close.
... card inside the wallet explaining the design ...


Just frayed edges now, but loosing its looks.

If the wallet had belonged to any of my sisters I did think, though, I would have said, that wallet is a disgrace.

Get to a store and buy a new one.
... the front and back of the wallet ...

But for me, I was thinking about going to my drawer of wallets, billfolds and small purses when I got back to Calgary and just choosing a new one from there.

Not that I mind looking a little frayed.

It is just that why do that if I don’t have to.

When Rebecca got back from Yellowknife she slipped a new wallet into my hand, hoping that it was the right size – she, wondered as well, if I would want to get a bigger size, or with something smaller.

That is what hard about buying for another.

TRC Recommendation?  
Buy Indigenous Art
What is there not to like about my new wallet. 

The person who designed it is Leah Dorian, a Metis woman, whose art work is on Coursea, on the Indigenous course I took there.

 So I have studied others of her works – murals and paintings online.

Her name is Leah Marie Dorian. She calls this “The Breath of Life”.

Her artist’s statement says, “Our breath gives us life and is the sacred vessel which carries our voice.”

I am going to love thinking about that as I use my wallet.


Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.