Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Spike Lee’s New Movie

BlacKkKlansman

Photo Credit:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7349662/mediaviewer/rm231827456
Duncan, Rebecca and I went off to see Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman on Monday night at the theatre on campus.

We got there at the right time but on the wrong day. It played today and not yesterday.

Not wanting to go back home we tried another theatre complex, but all of the shows had started, so we grabbed some treats at the 7-11, went home and watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

 I wish I could have stayed awake. 

Everything was so lovely about it, I just drifted off to sleep.

However I didn’t sleep in BlacKkKlansman tonight having got there on the right day and the right time. When we came home I was trying to think of other Spike Lee movies I had seen: Do the Right Thing and of course, Malcolm X. Rebecca and I talked for a while before going out to read some salient reviews. Much passed by me, especially cultural references to the ‘60’s and the ‘70’s. I think Rebecca “got” more of it than I did. We will be talking for some days about the movie. I am going to take some post-its, put the different chunks on them and see if I can sort out parts of the movie I didn’t get. Maybe Duncan will help me.

Here us a 2108 August review from the Guardian.

The best review ever is on FilmFreakCentral, a site sent to Rebecca by one of her interlocuter's, Mark.  Don't miss reading  this one, even if you never read my blog again.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.