Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Online Sunday School Week 6

I read pages 50 to 60 of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada.  I decided to make the reading more interesting by doing some heavy annotating of the text.

I found a utube post from the Writing Centre at Eastern Washington University when I went to search for strategies on how to annotate the text in my TRC: Final Report.  I am going to try some of these strategies and later tell you how this worked out for me this week.

And I also looked at the way  the CCDS teaches people to annotate with symbols which I put into my notebook. If I can get two or three of these into my text this week, I will call that a big success.

I have to do this to have some fun because reading the text is difficult from a "making me heavy hearted" point of view.

Next week: pages 60 to 70.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. What time of the day are you doing your reading. I read pages 50-63 to wind down before bed ... but now my heart is racing and I may need to go for a run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do HOT read before bedtime. If I am falling asleep during the day, then I just pick up a volume and read a few paragraphs and I am so mad that the thought of sleep escapes me.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.