Friday, December 14, 2018

$25 to ride the bus

... headed to Ottawa bus terminal ..
I rode the bus to Ottawa today, a lovely ride.  Catherine was waving to me from the Montreal Greyhound bus terminal, and at the same time she had her phone in her hand.  There was so much laughter in her face, I was sure that I was the object of some of it.

And yes, she was trying to phone me just as I was leaving, checking to see if I really did have my phone on should I need to make contact with Leo to take me home.

And yes, my phone was off so no one could have contacted me.

I have no idea why I don't seem able to connect with my phone.  To really love it.

Of course it wasn't on.  Nor anywhere close that I could find it without a lot of trouble.

Looking forward to the New Year, perhaps that should be my resolution.  To really love me phone.

I asked Xavier to be my IT guy today.  He said, "Why are you asking me?  I have never helped you with this before."  I had to tell him that I know that anyone his age is far more technological savvy than I am, so I am sure I can use his help.

He came downstairs and showed me how to load an app on my phone and how to make bookmarks -- both make them and delete them.

Lucky me.  Everywhere I go, a grandchild who becomes my IT person.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. Catherine gave the scarf to me just as I was packing to come back to Ottawa. She said she was never going to use it. I asked her where it came from. She said from me. But no, I know every scarf I have ever bought and that isn't one of them.

    I took it anyway and decided to see if I liked it even if it is colours I would never buy.

    I loved it and rewrapped it many times in varying ways to see if there was any way that I didn't like it. And yes, it is a keeper for me. I still don't think Catherine is ever going to wear it, though.

    Polyester, not silk,but still a beaut.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.