Friday, December 28, 2018

Three pics in one day

.... a drink of watter, and $.65 in change ...

My blister pack (read meds) didn’t arrive on Christmas Eve.

My back-up supply of medication was only good for one day, so on Boxing Day, I had to make it to the pharmacy in order to maintain consist good health.

After paying for the meds I asked the pharmacy assistant for a drink of water. The clerk delivered it to me in an over-sized pill bottle.

I threw back the pills, taking out one to be used later and and drank my water.  Then I dropped the pill still in my hand.

 Pills are hard to find on the floor of a pharmacy.

All I could see was a dime at my feet.

Catherine went to her hands and knees looking for it, since neither of us wanted a random person to find it on the floor and put it in their mouth.

Or a random dog.

All Catherine could find on the floor were four more random dimes and a quarter which she gave to me and we memorialized the moment with a picture.

Boxing Day is just that.
... trying on silver as fast as I could
while the others shopped exchanged some gifts ...

A time to get the presents back in a box and off to the store for an exchange.

Tom and Eric had gone out for what they called a man day. 

That means, together they went shopping for the gifts for the women, which did appear under the tree on Christmas Eve.

Catie saw bags with the logo Bleu: comme le ciel and she was madly googling to see what could be in the bags, with Eric in the background calling out, don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t wreck the surprise.

 Too late, she couldn’t stop herself.

Eric still calling out, don’t do it, don’t’ do it, she leaned over to me and said, “Look, all I can find is a retirement place where you can put old people who can no longer be cared for by the family."

This made me hope that there was no blue bag under the tree for me.

Catherine Arta, Catherine Rayanna, Arta Blanche
... sharing happiness and names ...
At night during the Christmas Season, Montreal is beautiful.

Montreal is beautiful any night, but at Christmas time more beautiful than ever.

After shopping we walked along the streets in the cool fresh air.

The wind was giving us an extra chill, but breathing deeply into my chest it felt so good.

So Canadian, filling my lungs with that air and loving the freshness of it.

We may have stopped for a selfie – just to remember that moment of being together in such amazing happiness: the winter coolness, the brightness of the lights, the treasure of being together.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.