Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Basic Pair of Black Boot for -20 C

Take Two
Catie and I looked in every possible store for boots: Eatons, the Bay, New Balance, Aldo’s and a 3 story high sports store.

I was reminded of how I needed to see every boot in every commercial establishment when I was a teen-ager.

I was worse when it came to trying on coats.

I had to have the very best one.

One year, the coat with the most drama had a large bow in the back, tacked on there, just in a place that made leaning back in any chair uncomfortable.

I wish I had known that before I bought it.

I had one whole year of feeling that bow in the centre of my back every time I lined back on a chair.

.. the Barbie Boots are all wrong ...
... thus the shopping trip ...
Catie wants to have the comfort of her worn in boot.

That might not be possible until this next one is also worn in. But she is doing the right thing.

 Finding it first here in Canada, and checking out if her toes are going to be pinched before she gets to Europe.
The head of the two story high sequinned woman is behind  us.

The more I thought of Catie getting basic black for everything – boots, runners, a church shoe, the more my eye turned to the sequinned or embroidered footwear or the strappy sandaled high heel.

 Oh, the world was bright with beautiful footwear today when we were shopping. The only item we purchased was a pencil case for her in the dollar store.

 Well, that is one thing off of her list.

More shopping news from us later.

Arta


1 comment:

  1. Oh, those Barbie Expo photos. I'm dying between loving, laughing, and horror!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.