Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Lunch Review

The moon on the tip of one of the
spires of Notre Dame across from
the National Gallery
On the way into Ottawa today the conversation in the car took a segue into Mary asking me if I wanted to die naturally or if I was going to opt into assisted death when my time came.

I was trying to think of when that time would be.

When I couldn't see anymore?

When I couldn't hear anymore?

When I knew I was terminally ill?

The thing that frightened me most was the thought of not being able to chew any more.

Mary agreed with me.  A frightening thought. That would be time to go.

All of that to introduce the fact that i did go out for lunch today, to a restaurant where I could chew, though chewing would not have been necessary.

Dusk on the buildings of Ottawa
Christine Cusack picked me up and asked,"Ethiopian or Indian".

The Ethiopian food sounded great and we went to "The Horn of Africa" -- not great on atmosphere but good Ethopian food.

For our cnversation, Christine has been doing some research on WOACA: Women of a certain age -- a group of women in Utah who get together and socialize.  I read about them on the internet.

They began with a closed face-book page.

Now they have many chapters all over the U.S.

At any rate, a lot of fun to talk about.
Christmas Tree at the National Gallery

As well there was news that her dissertation is close to finished -- which is the best news that any person in academia can hear.

She dropped me back off at the gallery in plenty of time for me to see another full room of the Paul Klee exhibit.

As Mary said as we went to bed tonight -- today was the best December 18th that 2018 had to offer.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. love your capture of the moon on the spire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fortuitous day Arta, as we gather to celebrate your life. Mary has received her answer and you made your choice. We miss you! I wish I would have read this blog more and commented every time, but I am glad I have this blog to read so I can connect with you digitally. I wonder if you can blog wherever you may be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.