Monday, December 10, 2018

On Shopping for Nativity Sets


I went to St. Joseph's Oratory to look at their nativity sets.

Where else can a person find an infinite variety both in cost and in figures presented in the tableaux, than in their gift shop

If Wyona had been with me, I would have purchased this free-standing piece of Joseph, Mary and the baby.

I just needed her extra push to buy 3 different sets and not just one.

If I get back there, I will probably put this one in my cart.

This is the first time I have seen Joseph cradling the baby.

I had an overwhelming sense that anyone who has adopted a child would want this in their house.

I wanted it.  A tribute to adoptive fathers.


I couldn't get close enough through the glass to see all of the fine detail on Mary's face.

I loved seeing her arms wrapped around Joseph, her hand resting on the back of his shoulder.

I have to say, the piece felt like a Merry Christmas sight to me.

I think the cost was just under $100.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.